Payroll & HR Specialist
POSITION OVERVIEW: The payroll and human resource specialist will be an integral part of the Finance team, working closely with the CFO and team members across the entire organization. This position is supported by a senior HR consultant.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Payroll & HR Specialist:
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll
- Administer the electronic timekeeping system; approval of timesheets; tracking of CTO balances
- Maintain organized employee records regarding accurate payroll rates, deductions, CTO usage, etc. within the ERP system
- Support employee onboarding / off-boarding by ensuring all required paperwork is collected and all relevant systems are updated (i.e. time clock, ERP, 401k, insurance providers, etc.)
- Manage record keeping and reporting to third party benefits providers (i.e. health insurance, 401K, voluntary benefits, etc.)
- Work with an HR Consultant to ensure compliance related to recordkeeping, various insurance claims, and required notices in a multi-state environment.
- Respond to employee inquiries about wages, deductions, and time records in timely and helpful manner
- Assist employees in annual open enrollment period and benefit changes throughout the year
- Work with an HR consultant to assist in development of effective policies, and ensure that all changes are disseminated and available to all employees
- As needed, support hiring process through job postings and coordination of incoming resumes
- Support the CFO as needed with projects, meetings, events, and staff engagement initiatives
- Train as back up for basic accounting operations, and support AR & AP functions
- Support other projects and tasks as needed
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- A subject matter expert in payroll who can grow into an HR subject matter expert
- A team player that can get along with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- An independent thinker, self-motivated, and self-accountable
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-3 years of experience preparing and processing payroll
- Desire and ability to learn the human resource function, leveraging outsourced HR resource
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- An understanding of how people, processes, and systems intersect to optimize efficiency
Office located in Middlebury, Vermont, adjacent to the production facility.
Bee’s Wrap is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, place of birth, crime victim status, age, or disability (or any other classification protected by law).
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject "Payroll & HR Specialist"