Purchasing & Supply Chain Specialist
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position managing raw material inventory purchasing, logistics, and maintenance of finished goods inventory levels at fulfillment locations. Computer literacy and a solid familiarity with spreadsheets, attention to detail, time management, and the ability to work well as part of a team are all necessary for this position. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
All Bee’s Wrap employees are expected to carry out their responsibilities with diligence, integrity, transparent communication, and in a collaborative and nurturing manner with direct reports, coworkers, customers, and vendors. Employees are also expected to have the resolve to uphold the goals, objectives, and core principles of the company.
• Identifying, researching, and recommending potential new suppliers to add redundancy, ensuring they are in alignment with our supplier code of conduct, company mission, and values.
• Keeping abreast of current raw material prices and negotiating for best prices to meet COGS targets.
• Working with Finance, Production, and Operations to create the forecast raw material requirements to meet support sales plans.
• Monitoring and communicating with stakeholders on the raw material and shop inventory to ensure sufficient on-hand and incoming inventory for production based upon current and forecasted needs, considering order lead times, seasonal fluctuations, and planned production schedule.
• Ensuring raw materials meet all compliance standards and that all necessary compliance documentation is collected and organized as needed.
• Creating purchase orders for inventory items, seeking optimal pricing, obtaining necessary approvals, and being aware of lead times to keep production moving without interruption.
• Coordinating inventory counts and reconciling any discrepancies with the finance department.
• Managing finished goods inventory levels at 3rd party fulfillment centers (Amazon) and other sales channels (Shopify, Food52, etc.) to ensure adequate stocking and reconcile issues as needed.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, you’re able to perform these essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Success will also be tracked through customer satisfaction and loyalty rates, churn and retention rates and lifetime customer value. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Minimum 3 years of experience handling numeric data, analytics, and spreadsheets with a high level of accuracy. Experience handling similar responsibilities preferred.
- Prior experience with calculating purchasing needs and placing purchase orders.
- Familiarity with and ability to navigate NetSuite or comparable program.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency with Excel.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage their time under multiple deadlines.
- Ability to complete projects with autonomy, as well as the ability to work as a team with a sense of humor and a positive attitude.
- Experience navigating and using cloud-based document sharing programs like Google Drive.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours a day.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
COVID-19 Considerations: Employees must wear masks and follow protocols.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.