The Staff Accountant is a key role in Bee’s Wrap’s administrative office that ensures accuracy of financial information and business records. The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining day-to-day accounting functions, financial statement preparation, and routine business analysis and interdepartmental reporting. The Staff Accountant is a team player, who strives to ensure that each department has the timely and accurate information needed to promote the business’s growth and success. Thoroughness, attention to detail, and the ability to find excitement in the ever-changing landscape of a quickly growing business are keys to success in this position.
- Oversee AP processes, including new vendor set up, accurate bill entry and expense tracking, and payment processing
- Perform month end accruals, account reconciliations and journal entries consistent with GAAP standards
- Support month end, interdepartmental reporting for budgeting, and business analysis
- Respond to ad hoc department information requests
- Reconcile bank statements and credit cards
- Organize financial forms, information, documents, and receipts
- Support AR collections as needed
- Assist with annual audits, tax preparation, and information requests from external parties
- Utilize ERP platform to systematize accounting processes
- Identify, recommend, and implement improvements to financial functions
- 3+ years’ experience in Accounting; previous experience in manufacturing or cost accounting ideal
- Working knowledge of financial statements and GAAP
- Ability to work independently, prioritize among multiple tasks, and meet all deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Professional experience working with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience with accounting software; familiarity with NetSuite ideal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel
Job Type: Full-time, Non-exempt
COVID-19 Considerations: Employees must wear masks and follow protocols.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.