East Coast Sales Manager
The East Coast Sales Manager will report directly to the Sales Director to provide targeted account management and executional focus throughout the country. Ideal candidate is scrappy, able to roll up their sleeves, and hit the ground running to get our Bee’s wrap products sold into a highly competitive marketplace. Responsibilities include oversight of all sales activities for our Wholesale Channel business in the region to achieve maximum market distribution for the brand. This will entail working at both strategic and tactical levels to develop, implement, and manage programs that maximize both short and long-range objectives for the company’s growth. It’s critical that the East Coast Sales Manager has a proactive approach to sales development – addressing day-to-day operating issues, providing strategic input, leading, and finding new customer opportunities. They will work with Sales Representatives and directly with accounts on key account management, in-store execution, planning and forecasting, new product launch plans, marketing & trade programs, test & learn, identifying channel go-to-market strategies & the ability to drive significant distribution gains. We are a small but mighty team which requires a lot of hands-on involvement and team collaboration.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take full ownership of all assigned customers, and execute against performance expectations to influence distribution, merchandising, shelving, and pricing objectives.
- Manage relationships with key account buyers and supporting teams in the territory. Most of this role will be to manage key grocery and wholesale customers with the opportunity to drive new growth. Experience with wholesale, gift and specialty required.
- Achieve volume targets within authorized funding
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build strategic annual support plans (trade, shopper marketing, etc) across retail customers
- Develop and maintain sales forecast to ensure optimal order fulfillment
- Conduct store-level audits (“live” or virtual) to ensure adherence of merchandising standards and execution of promotional programming.
- Leverage data tools to uncover key insights and build effective sales presentations that will allow us to optimize the business and drive sales.
- Identify and attend trade shows and other events to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities. Build connections with key individuals and form meaningful and impactful relationships that benefit the Bee’s Wrap brand (from consumers to buyers and everyone in between).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
This role requires a unique leader that can operate collaboratively, embracing the small company environment. It’s critical that the person possess a willingness to roll up their sleeves and promote a “do whatever it takes” approach to serving customers and preserving a values-driven B-Corp company culture. The ideal candidate will bring a passion towards achieving our environmental mission and financial objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years CPG experience with direct key account or channel responsibility is ideal. Mission-based selling background appreciated.
- Demonstrated success selling. Comfortable with pricing discussions and ability to negotiate.
- Experienced in trade marketing, category management, sales planning, or brand marketing.
- Strong planning & organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) and Google Workspace.
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively. A roll-up the sleeves, can-do attitude and demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly adaptable & resourceful. Pioneering spirit.
- Ability to travel for customer meetings and trade shows.
Office located in Middlebury, Vermont.
Bee’s Wrap is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, place of birth, crime victim status, age, or disability (or any other classification protected by law).
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "East Coast Sales Manager."